Refinery Turnaround Planning and Refinery Turnaround Services
Jayne Products offers turnaround planning and services for both oil refineries and the petrochemical industries. The measurable results of Jayne Products planning, execution, and decontamination products? Time-saving. We are known for meeting our commitments, deadlines, and satisfaction with our JPX line. Getting your operation Cleaner. Quicker. Greener.
Refinery Turnaround Planning and Services with Jayne Products
Jayne Products is a refinery turnaround company that has been manufacturing industrial cleaners and degreasers for close to 40 years and been working in refineries and refinery hydrocarbon decontamination for 30 years, being one of the pioneers in vapor phase decontamination and offering refinery turnaround planning and services.
We have completed over 200 turnarounds, from manufacturing the decontamination solutions to writing the procedures for use, refinery turnaround planning, and working with various refinery turnaround contractors around the world.
Jayne Products and our project management team have a strong focus on safety, planning, communication and project execution to keep your projects and turnaround on track, minimizing costs and downtime, while providing your refinery with long-term reliability. Jayne Products will work seamlessly with the in-house planning team to provide decontamination services tailored for each specific unit.
Refinery Turnaround Planning can include:
- Projects scope and development
- Decontamination and project cost estimates
- Developing Procedures
- Field walk down planning with tagging
- Turnaround schedule development
- Material and resource planning
- Wastewater / Effluent: Planning and management
- Healthy, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) planning
- Inspection Test Plan (ITP)
- Quality planning
- Procurement and subcontracting
- Reviews for preparedness and closing out
Refinery Turnaround Services include:
- Project scope, development, and estimates
- Review and revision of steam out procedure to add decontamination solutions
- P&ID mark-ups to perform steam out
- Technical advice and guidance
- Refinery Decontamination
- SOW planning for material needed
- Scheduling, contracting and management
- Wastewater / Effluent: Treatment and management
- Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) management
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Inspection Test Plan (ITP)
- Inspections, monitoring, testing, and closing out
- Field supervision to guide operations and maintenance groups
- Project management, execution and cost control
- Tracking, reports, and assessment
Refinery Decontamination Products
- JPX Refinery Hydrocarbon Decontamination Cleaner
- JPX-E for Decontamination and Cleaning Sour Equipment (H₂S)
- JPX-EE for Neutralizing Pyrophoric Materials
- JPX-F for Fin Fan Cleaning
- Energy Plus Red
- Energy Plus
What is oil refinery turnaround planning?
Refinery turnaround planning can be critical to a successful refinery turnaround. Planning can include anything from inspections, determining what decontamination and maintenance needs to be done, making use of previous data, project management, as well as developing the scope, costs, and procedures.
Refinery turnarounds typically occur every 3-6 years, last a few weeks to months, and can be expensive, time-intensive, and have many moving pieces that need to be tracked accordingly. Refinery turnaround planning ahead of time helps to keep all the projects on time, within budget, maintain safety standards, and get operations running again with long term reliability.
Why is oil refinery turnaround planning important?
Refinery turnaround planning is important due to refinery turnarounds being very complex and having to be completed with care in mind. During turnarounds and shutdowns, production is halted leading to a great amount of downtime in the refinery and the greatest amount of maintenance costs relative to the years while in production.
Refinery Turnaround Planning importance:
- Can create a critical path to reduce downtime and potential lost revenue
- Work that emerges due to lack of inspections and preparedness can create roadblocks and bottlenecks in the critical path, and then lead to increased costs and downtime
- Creating a path coordinated as one event or turnaround with many activities reduces the complexity, and potential logistical challenges
Why are oil refinery turnaround services important?
Periods of downtime that can include turnarounds, as well as shutdowns, that allow for decontamination, preventative maintenance, renovations, and upgrades to the refinery, plant or operation.
These services can help prevent maintenance, repairs, and replacement in the future while in times of production and product in demand. The goals of these turnarounds and shutdowns are to return to normal operations on budget, on time, and to extend the life of the equipment and between turnarounds and shutdowns.