Heat Exchanger Chemical Cleaning for Refinery, Oil & Gas Industry
Heat Exchanger Chemical Cleaning with JPX
JPX is a heavy-duty cleaner and degreaser that promotes a rapid separation of water and oil, unplugging fouled plate heat exchangers, heat exchanger tubes, or heat exchanger shells. This technique uses hot condensate as a carrier for the JPX. Cleaning times may vary depending on the system, typically from 12 to 24 hours.
Heat exchanger cleaning is simple and easy utilizing steam with direct injection of JPX. Steam can be directed to the shell or tube side of the exchanger to maintain temperature. While vapor phase decontaminating the other path of the heat transfer train can also be decontaminated simultaneously using the process flow path: this speeds the decontamination process and minimizes chemical costs.
Heat exchanger cleaning with vapor phase application of JPX also significantly reduces pulling and rodding time if the exchanger needs to be removed for repairs or replacement. JPX can also be used via other methods such as recirculations and soaks, contact us today to learn more and optimize your heat exchanger cleaning process.
To learn more about JPX which has been used to clean various equipment in the refinery, oil, and gas industries:
Heat Exchanger Chemical Cleaning Procedure with JPX
For a complete procedure and estimate please reach out to us.
This procedure is designed to provide guidelines to chemically clean heat exchangers with hot water and JPX while the plant is still online. This will also shorten the downtime on heat exchangers out of service.
- Startup the steam on the opposite side of the exchanger not being cleaned to heat up the system.
- Startup the steam to the steam coils on the surge tank to get the tank hot.
- Start filling the surge tank with water, until full when hot water is at 190 degrees Fahrenheit to 200 degrees Fahrenheit (90 degrees Celsius).
- Startup the pump and pump the level of the surge tank into the exchanger.
- When the level in the surge tank gets low, stop the pump and refill the surge tank.
- Skim off the initial surge of oil from the exchanger into the surge tank and add water as needed.
- At this point, we are ready to start adding JPX soap to the circulation of hot water through the exchanger.
- If another side of the exchanger is to be cleaned then after draining, switch the cleaning set up to clean the other side of the exchanger and repeat the cleaning procedure.
Product is available in:
- 15, 30 and 55-gallon drums
- 275 or 330 gallon totes
- 5-gallon containers and other sizes please contact us
Learn More About Our Safe and Effective Refinery Decontamination Products
Our vapor phase steam cleaning products are proven to be effective at cleaning and decontaminating refinery equipment. JPX is also used as a crude oil tank cleaning chemical to clean sludge for oil recovery, neutralize hydrogen sulfide (JPX-E), or pyrophoric removal (JPX-EE).
Our products won’t damage surfaces and are safer, more eco-friendly alternative to other, harsher products on the market.
For more information about our company and products, follow our Blogs, Youtube, and Linkedin.
Contact us to discuss your refinery decontamination application or request a quote for the JPX formula that meets your requirements.