Fin-Fan Foam Cleaning Chemicals and Maintenance
Fin Fan Cleaning with JPX-F
JPX-F is a specially formulated version of JPX to be used for fin fan foam cleaning during fan fan maintenance. It is a fin fan cleaner designed to create copious amounts of foam containing powerful chelating agents. We utilize the HVHC Foamer in our foaming applications, which we either rent or sell. JPX-F is especially good for removing sticky hydrocarbon materials found in refineries.
Fin Fan Cooler Cleaning and Heat Exchanger Cleaning
Fin Fan Problem: Fin Fan maintenance and heat exchanger maintenance are needed due to the oils, dust, debris and other contaminants getting into the equipment and causing inefficiencies as well as reducing heat transfer. These lead to increased costs and hurt your bottom line.
The other method of cleaning includes hydro blasting which can damage the fins and equipment, as well as the possibility of making the dirt and debris worse in certain areas. This contamination reduces the performance and efficiency of fin fans and heat exchangers.
Fin Fan Solution: Using fin fan foam cleaning with JPX-F is better for the equipment and personnel. JPX-F clears the dirt and debris allowing for fin fans and heat exchangers to run at their optimum levels and return to their peak performance once again. JPX-F has been tested and used in various facilities throughout the world.
Review from an application:
Problem- Problems with delta T.
Suggestion- 5% JPX-F solution circulation for 6 hours at 180 degrees F.
Solution- The tube internals were cleaned like new and significant improvement in the delta T. This is the third time we cleaned their system and it is agreed permanently for all their turnarounds.
Quote from a customer- “We have noted that there is a significant decrease in the thickness of the tubes before and after chemical cleaning. Further, our unit capacity has also significantly improved...It is a remarkable achievement!”
Fin Fan Maintenance with JPX-F Fin Fan Foam Cleaning Importance
- Cleaning of the tube exteriors while not requiring entry into the shrouds.
- No damage to fins and tubes by personnel entering the shrouds and walking on the aluminum tubes.
- No damage by improper use of high-pressure water, which can bend the aluminum fins.
- Deep cleaning of the interiors of the tube banks that cannot be done with a water wash.
- The effluent rinse is not harmful to the Effluent Treatment Plant or Biodigester.
- Improved performance and efficiency
- Reducing maintenance costs
- Extend equipment life
- Reducing operating costs by decreasing the energy used
- No hazardous or harmful chemicals
- Less downtime
- All debris and contaminants cleared from all layers of equipment
Fin Fan Cleaning Procedure
- Turn off and tag out fin fans.
- Block in fin fan inlets and let cool.
- Work with a contractor to set up containment if required.
- Tape off area below fin fans to avoid showering people.
- Inset ARO pump into the drum of JPX-F. Connect the air hose to the pump and connect soap hose to the pump. If at ground level or choose not to utilize a pump, a soap pick up tube may be used instead.
- Connect air, soap and water hoses to foamer.
- Connect the discharge line to the foamer.
- Adjust soap, air and water settings until a thick foam is discharged. (These will be minor adjustments) The water turned on first prior to the air to avoid hose bucking.
- Foam each bank or shroud enclosure from above making sure to cover the whole area evenly. use approximately 20 gallons per fan cold or 30 gallons per fan hot.
- Allow foam to sit and drip through fin fans for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse completely using a high volume water hose.
- Perform housekeeping and clear area of tap and foam equipment.
Necessary Equipment for application and safety
- Super foamer (Available for rent or for purchase)
- ARO pump
- High volume water hose
- Air and fluid hoses
- Caution tape
- Safety glasses
- Safety goggles
- Rubber gloves
- PPE appropriate for the area
Product is available in:
- 15, 30 and 55-gallon drums
- 275 or 330 gallon totes
- 5-gallon containers and other sizes please contact us