Fin Fan Cleaning and Heat Exchanger Cleaning Chemicals
Fin Fan Cooler Cleaning and Heat Exchanger Cleaning
Oils, dust, debris, and other contaminants cause inefficiencies in heat exchangers and reduce heat transfer, leading to increased costs and hurting your bottom line. Cleaning fin fan heat exchangers regularly removes these impurities and helps improve equipment efficiency.
Some cleaning like hydro blasting, however, can damage the fins and equipment and potentially make dirt and debris worse in certain areas. Cleaning your air cooled heat exchanger with JPX-F is better for the equipment and personnel. The gentle yet effective foaming action clears away dirt and debris effectively without damaging equipment. Your fin fans and heat exchangers will run at optimum levels and return to their peak performance once again.
Fin Fan Cleaning and Maintenance with JPX-F
JPX-F is specially formulated for fin fan foam cleaning. This heat exchanger cleaning chemical produces copious amounts of foam containing powerful chelating agents. Our highly effective foaming chemicals are especially useful for removing sticky hydrocarbon materials found in refineries. We utilize the HVHC Foamer in our foaming applications, which we either rent or sell.
JPX-F foaming fin fan and heat exchanger cleaners come in the following container sizes:
- 15, 30 and 55-gallon drums
- 275 or 330 gallon totes
- 5-gallon containers and other sizes available (please contact us)
Case Study: Fin Fan Cooler Cleaning
JPX-F has been tested and used in various facilities throughout the world. Here is just one example of how our fin fan cooler cleaning chemicals helped improve system performance.
Customer Problem: Issues with delta T.
Our Suggestion: Circulating5% JPX-F solution through the system for 6 hours at 180 degrees F.
Result: The tube internals were cleaned like new, and they noticed a significant improvement in the delta T. This is the third time we cleaned their system, and it is agreed permanently for all their turnarounds.
Customer Quote: “We have noted that there is a significant decrease in the thickness of the tubes before and after chemical cleaning. Further, our unit capacity has also significantly improved...It is a remarkable achievement!”
View or download our JPX-F Brochure to learn more about using this product for fin fan heat exchanger maintenance and cleaning.
Advantages of Fin Fan Foam Cleaning with JPX
Keep your fin fan heat exchangers and coolers operating efficiently with JPX-F. You’ll notice improved performance and reduced maintenance costs, along with an extended equipment life. Other advantages of using our foaming fin fan cleaning chemicals include:
- Cleaning of the tube exteriors while not requiring entry into the shrouds.
- No damage to fins and tubes by personnel entering the shrouds and walking on the aluminum tubes.
- No damage by improper use of high-pressure water, which can bend the aluminum fins.
- Deep cleaning of the interiors of the tube banks that cannot be done with a water wash.
- The effluent rinse is not harmful to the Effluent Treatment Plant or Biodigester.
- Reducing operating costs by decreasing the energy used
- No hazardous or harmful chemicals
- Less downtime
- All debris and contaminants cleared from all layers of equipment
Fin Fan Cleaning Procedure
Our foaming fin fan and heat exchanger cleaning chemicals effectively clear any contaminants. Follow the steps below to achieve the best results:
- Turn off and tag out fin fans.
- Block in fin fan inlets and let cool.
- Work with a contractor to set up containment if required.
- Tape off area below fin fans to avoid showering people.
- Inset ARO pump into the drum of JPX-F. Connect the air hose to the pump and connect soap hose to the pump. If at ground level or choose not to utilize a pump, a soap pick up tube may be used instead.
- Connect air, soap, and water hoses to foamer.
- Connect the discharge line to the foamer.
- Adjust soap, air, and water settings until a thick foam is discharged. (These will be minor adjustments) The water turned on first prior to the air to avoid hose bucking.
- Foam each bank or shroud enclosure from above, making sure to cover the whole area evenly. Use approximately 20 gallons per fan cold or 30 gallons per fan hot.
- Allow foam to sit and drip through fin fans for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly using a high volume water hose.
- Perform housekeeping and clear the area of tap and foam equipment.
We recommend using the equipment below for application and safety:
- Super foamer (Available for rent or for purchase)
- ARO pump
- High volume water hose
- Air and fluid hoses
- Caution tape
- Safety glasses
- Safety goggles
- Rubber gloves
- PPE appropriate for the area
A Better Solution for Fin Fan Cooler Cleaning and Maintenance
Companies across the U.S. and around the world trust the Jayne Products brand to deliver the cleaning performance needed for demanding industrial applications. We offer a complete line of chemical formulas for fin fan cleaning and maintaining your oil refinery equipment, including:
- JPX Refinery Decontamination Cleaner
- JPX-E for Cleaning Sour Equipment (H2S)
- JPX-EE Neutralizes Pyrophoric Materials
Send us a message to discuss the benefits of using our heat exchanger foaming chemicals.